‘Regardless of the source of your inspiration, photographing with purpose leads to tremendous empowerment, growth, meaning & satisfaction’
Justin Black – Visinary Wild (Former Director of International League of Conservation Photographers (ILCP))
I haven’t climbed Mt. Everest and I haven’t circumnavigated the globe in a small sail boat but I have travelled quite a bit, beautiful places all over the United States as well as parts of Europe and Southern Africa, but never with my camera, surprisingly enough.
I’m a mother to two beautiful children, a wife, a daughter, a sister and a friend to amazing family and friends, with a palette for delicious and delicate fine foods and superb wine.
Having spent a very long time in the UK where I started my photography career, we landed up back in South Africa in 2009 until December 2019, and I’m back in the UK, based in Bristol and cover the Bristol and surrounding areas. You will find me based in Bristol, and if I don’t have a camera in my hand, you will find me painting beautiful African landscapes and exotic African sunsets, and if I don’t have that, then I’ve settled with a fabulous cup of coffee donning a crochet hook in my hand. I find this completely therapeutic in my ‘very’ spare time.
Some of the philosophies I live by and believe in can be summed up as follows:
- I dream of climbing Mt Kilimanjaro
- Dreaming big and do even bigger
- Don’t wait for opportunity, create it
- Creating untold memories with my family
- Be fearless in the pursuit of what sets your soul on fire
- A recipe for Love is a spoonful of smiles, a jar of joy, a cup of kisses and a handful of hugs
- Having a place to go is home, having someone to love is family and having both is a……..Blessing
- I don’t shoot what it looks like, I shoot what it feels like
- Photography takes an instant out of time, altering life by holding it still – Dorothea Lange
- And I dream of one day circumnavigating the globe in a little sail boat.