‘Regardless of the source of your inspiration, photographing with purpose leads to tremendous empowerment, growth, meaning & satisfaction’
Justin Black – Visinary Wild (Former Director of International League of Conservation Photographers (ILCP))
I haven’t climbed Mt. Everest and I haven’t circumnavigated the globe in a small sail boat but I have travelled quite a bit, beautiful places all over the United States as well as parts of Europe and Southern Africa, but never with my camera, surprisingly enough.
I’m a mother to two beautiful children, a wife, a daughter, a sister and a friend to amazing family and friends, with a palette for delicious and delicate fine foods and superb wine.
Having spent a very long time in the UK where I started my photography career, we landed up back in South Africa in 2009, where you will now find me. You will find me based in Randpark Ridge, Randburg, and if I don’t have a camera in my hand, you will find me painting beautiful African landscapes and exotic African sunsets, and if I don’t have that, then I’ve settled with a fabulous cup of coffee donning a crochet hook in my hand. I find this completely therapeutic in my ‘very’ spare time.
Some of the philosophies I live by and believe in can be summed up as follows:
- I dream of climbing Mt Kilimanjaro
- Dreaming big and do even bigger
- Don’t wait for opportunity, create it
- Creating untold memories with my family
- Be fearless in the pursuit of what sets your soul on fire
- A recipe for Love is a spoonful of smiles, a jar of joy, a cup of kisses and a handful of hugs
- Having a place to go is home, having someone to love is family and having both is a……..Blessing
- I don’t shoot what it looks like, I shoot what it feels like
- Photography takes an instant out of time, altering life by holding it still – Dorothea Lange
- And I dream of one day circumnavigating the globe in a little sail boat.