Your wedding photographs are so much more than pretty pictures. They tell your love story so that you can re-live it, by capturing one of the most exciting days in your life. And to be able to capture and document those special moments throughout your day is such a privilege. I pride myself on capturing the little details that make up your wedding day. And I love capturing the expressions and emotions that unfold too. As a naturally infectious peoples’ person, I respond well to the people dynamic while remaining professional throughout your day. Where I can help, I most certainly will. I’d love to tell your story!
Welcome to Corinna Tannian Photography. We capture a story you’ll cherish forever.
The actual work happens after your wedding whereby we go through the procees of downloading and backing up your wedding to a number of hard drives. We then cull the images a number of times in order to create a beautiful set of key images that tells the story as the day unfolded.
It is then time for editing your photos. This includes exposure, tonal and temperature adjustments, cropping and straightning. There will only be a select few images which will be ‘retouched’ whereby they are further edited to remove blemishes, decreasing under-eye circles or removing distracting background elements. These are typically the images that make it into your album.
So you’ve decided to share your day with your nearest and dearest. You’ve decided to take the next step in cementing your love for one another. You’re looking to invest in your photography which will last a life time, long after the flowers and décor have been removed and long after your honeymoon and all the little details have been forgotten. You want to invest in a lifetime guarantee in your printed products that captured the essence of your wedding day.
I have partnered with AddABit whereby I’ll be happy to set up a ‘wedding fund’ for you. This way you will be able to send your unique QR code and/or unique URL to your fund to guests. This will help you save for your photography investment and your wedding. Once your investment has been paid, you will be the beneficiary of the remaining funds to put towards something else or even your honeymoon. This option can be discussed with you when we meet up at the initial consultation.
Your wedding photography is one of the most important investments you will make. There are a number of reasons for this:
- Your photographs will live on forever, long after the formalities have come and gone. Your album becomes a family heirloom which passes down the generations. Your investment ensures you receive a lifetime guarantee on your printed products. This is exclusive to my professional lab based in Pretoria. You want a photographer who will help keep you calm and focused throughout the day as we will be spending a lot of time together; you definitely want someone who’s fun to hang out with.
- Your investment ensures experience and surety that all the key moments are captured. There are moments that are anticipated and therefore most likely to be captured. The rings, the kiss etc. only happen once with genuine emotion and therefore you want to know that we’ve ‘got it’.
- Investment in hiring a Pro: You can ask a friend or hire a cousin. It may work out but it most likely won’t work out. It’s a great idea to have some DIY but your photography isn’t one of them. Your investment ensures the following:
- The ability and experience to combine ‘flash’ (artificial light) and natural light when lighting conditions aren’t great. And knowing what we want to achieve when doing so. It’s no good just being a ‘natural light’ photographer when you have ‘no natural light’, and you have to come up with creative ways in order to create gorgeous couple portraits.
- You need a people’s person to manage people and expectations of guests and family during the course of the day. Being able to manage family politics and dynamics in a professional and loving way, means guests will more likely receive direction and instructions happily from a 3rd person (an expert).
I would love to hear from you, if you are looking for a fun and dynamic photographer to document and help manage your wedding day.
After the initial request for information has been received, we will then send you the investment costs a.k.a package prices. We will then follow up by email to set up an initial consultation to ensure our visions meet. Here we will chat about your requirements and establish which will be the most suitable investment to cover your needs. We will then send a booking form and wedding contract for completion. And we will raise an invoice for you at this stage. A 50% booking fee is required to secure your wedding date, 25% payable upon completion of edited images ready for handover. The balance of the final 25% is required upon album sign off and ready for printing production.
- Bridal Preparations:
No wedding is complete without the beautiful bridal preparation that happens on the morning of your wedding day. You wake up with all your bridesmaids in tow and you’re feeling excited and nervous all at the same time. This is the day that you will hug and kiss your Mum/Sister/Friends for the last time as ‘single’ woman as you prepare to grace your groom at the chapel. You’re feeling beautiful and you’ve probably been dreaming about this moment your whole life, your make-up is perfect, your hair is perfect and the excitement lingers as you place the last earing on your ear. The finest of details is what I love the most, the rings, the bouquet and possibly the ‘I Do’ swarofsky crystal emblazoned on the sole of your shoot. We will capture it all as well as some of the most beautiful portraits that you’ve ever seen of yourself on such an important day.
- Groom Preparations:
This is sadly often neglected at weddings due to cutting down the cost of your investment. But this is so special in it’s own right. The bride doesn’t see how much fun her groom has with his ‘men’ and his mates whilst they are getting ready. There are often hilarious moments and such fun as the ‘boys’ share a whisky and a joke…..and more often that not….a cigar. Your Mum in Law would love a photo of her dapper looking son on the most important day of his life too. I am to capture this in a fun and meaningful way.
- The Ceremony:
This follows a procession. This is the moment when Dad walk’s his ‘little girl’ down the aisle for the first and last time. It’s the tender moment that he lifts the veil to reveal his daughter to her waiting groom. The first look of the groom when he sees his bride for the first time dressed to perfection. So many emotions happen during the ceremony and many times tears are shed from shear happiness. We will capture it all as and when those moments unfold.
- Family and Guests:
These are the people you have chosen to share your magical day with. They will congratulation, hug, kiss, squeeze and perhaps get the proverbial lipstick on the groom’s cheek. They will laugh and cry with you. We intend to capture as many candid photos during this time once they’ve thrown the petals and have a chance to wish you well.
- Couple Portraits:
Here my motto is quality vs. quantity. We aim to keep you away from your guests as short a time as possible without forfeiting the quality of your portraits. This is a beautiful time that you will spend together as husband and wife for the first time away from the eyes of your guests. This is such an honour for us as we get to spend this time with you. Here we create the most breath-taking portraits using a combination of natural light and possibly artificial light depending on what’s available and where we are. Here we will probably tell really bad jokes and make ridiculous sounds and watch the chemistry that unfolds in front of the lens. I prefer to guide and direct you here rather than ‘pose’ you so that we get some real emotive moments.
- The importance of ‘Golden Hour’
This is either the first hour of sunrise or the last hour of light before the sun sets. The sun is low in the skin and gives off a soft diffused golden hue. There is far less contrast or blown-out highlights and the golden glow gives an image adds a beautiful feel to the image. Sometimes it’s not possible to use this time due to the timing of the ceremony, however, if we can shoot during this time, you will not be sorry. The photos are simply beautiful.
- Candid documentary photography
It is really important to capture moments as and when they happen, this is the tears that flow when you get into your wedding dress for the last time since you had your previous fitting. These are moments that Dad sees his precious ‘little girl’ for the first time in all her ‘perfection’, it’s Mom that places the veil on your head as she covers your face before you leave for the ceremony site, it’s the bridesmaids that tend to you to get you feeling absolutely beautiful for the last time as a single woman. It’s the guys having fun together before they get suited and booted for the occasion. It’s the precious little ring-bearer who can’t wait to hand the rings over, it’s the tears of joy from parents all round as they witness the union of their precious offspring. All these will be captured and will be included so that you can see and feel the emotional build up. And not forgetting the fun and laughter at the reception as the evening progresses, this is my most favourite part of the day, when everyone is having loads of fun.
PRESTIGE CUVEE: R37,000
- engagement session | engagement album | 10 hours on your wedding day | min 700 images | 2 x photographers | 50×50 fine art custom designed album | 2 x parent albums | 1 x A1 canvass | USB of all images
BLANC DE NOIR: R25,000
- engagement session | engagement album | 10 hours on your wedding day | min 700 images | 2 x photographers | 30cm x 30cm custom designed album | 2 x parent albums | USB of all images
BLANC DE BLANC: R21,000
- engagement session | 9 hours on your wedding day | 2 x photographers | min 700 images | 30x30cm custom designed album | 1 x A2 canvass | usb of all images
- 2 x photographers | 8 hours on your wedding day | min 500 images | 20 x 20 custom designed album | USB of all images
SPARKLING WHITE: R11,000
- 1 x photographer | 8 hours on your wedding day | min 500 images | USB of all images